Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tdot Comics Book Club

TdotComics is a local site dedicated to keeping Torontonions up to date on all things comic-book related. Recently, site founder Alice Quinn started a segment on the site known as the Quinntessential Comix Book Club. Every month she'd invite guests on the show to discuss different graphic novels, usually under a general theme. Last month, I had the honor of being a guest on the show (this was my second appearance on the book club).

Here's the segment in question. The theme was Surrealist Super Heroes. The graphic novels in question were Umbrella Academy 1 and 2, as well as Doom Patrol: The Painting that Ate Paris. If you're familiar with the comics, give the video a watch. If not, then go out and read the books instead. They're all fantastic.



Though this would be obvious to anyone who watched my first appearance on the Book Club, this time around I seem to be much more comfortable, mainly because I knew what the fuck I was doing. However, looking back, I kind of preferred the conflict that came about when we couldn't see eye-to-eye on a book (last time, everyone loved Invincible, while I was a bit more ambivalent). This time around, we pretty much all loved the books. And that's boring. I want there to be yelling and name calling. If I get asked back, I'll try to suggest more polarizing comic books like Lost Girls or Transmetropolitan.



Also, I wrote an article for UysFaber last week, reviewing the newly-released Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS. Check it out.

No comments: